BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our Brats

It's good to be first. We are taught all our lives to strive to be number one. However, in this case, we are glad that our children fit under category number 2. By that, I mean the definitions listed at the top of our blog. I must admit, on occasion, they do fall into category number 1. They can be ill-mannered and not as well behaved as I would like. But for the most part, they are great kids! I love being their mom. And that is the purpose of this new blog - to share with you our lives, the lives of all my kids. Not just the cute 3 year old adopted from China, but the funny 9 year old who loves baseball and is currently sporting a mohawk haircut, the talented and hard working 16 year old who is finally taller than his Dad, and the beautiful 18 year old who is so ready for her independence at college. This blog is designed to share pictures, share stories, and occasionally to share my thoughts as a slightly crazy, often tired mom who loves my husband and kids with every part of my heart.

My kids love to be called Brats. They wear that title with honor. They know that to be a brat means they have a Dad who is a man of character, who serves his country with excellence. They know that being a brat means sometimes we have to say goodbye to friends we love, but there is usually another great adventure just around the corner. Their lives aren't always easy, but their lives are usually fun and always interesting. We are glad to have you follow along as we journey through life... serving our country, serving our Lord, and loving one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment