BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Saturday, April 16, 2011

Leaving the Brats at home!

A couple of weeks ago, my mom came to visit for my birthday, and she watched our kids while Bill and I had a wonderful 4 day weekend in Chicago. Alone. Did I mention with no kids? 4 days of uninterrupted conversations. 4 days of grown up fun, not kid fun. Yea, it was wonderful. Don't get me wrong - I love my kids, and I love being their mom. But I love this wonderful man I share my life with, and it was really nice to relax and reconnect!
We went to Chicago because neither of us had ever visited, and I LOVE the radio show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me". It's a PBS news/game show, and I download it every week on my Ipod. It was fun to get tickets and see them tape it live. We also went to see an Off-Broadway Show called "Working". O On Friday night, after the show, we went to the top of the John Hancock Tower for some late night drinks. We NEVER stay out past midnight, because it's not worth paying for it the next morning when we have to wake up early with the kids. So, this was a treat for us. The Skylight Lounge was on the 96th floor, so we had a beautiful view of the city lights. On Saturday we did some sight seeing and went to a White Sox Game. I actually like baseball, so it was a fun outing for us. But it was chilly, and we were ready to be inside by about the 5th inning. I feel silly, but I can't figure out how to turn this picture so it's vertical. But it's too cute not to include, so just turn your head. On the trolley tour! Millenium Park Maybe we can get away again soon! Sigh - well, at least a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment