BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Miles and miles (and miles) of fun!

Every summer we travel. It's just what we do - go see the Grandparents, maybe a weekend away. But this summer we have been on the road more than usual. Between the #1444 reunion, trips to see all the Grandparents, getting Elizabeth off to college, and a couple of other trips thrown in there, we have been on the road a lot in the last 7 weeks.

Bill was driving the van the other day, and he was amazed that he would have to change the oil again so soon after just changing it at the beginning of the summer. So, I sat down today and added up all our milage from the summer. From July 4 until August 18, we traveled approximately 4369 miles! Good grief - it's no wonder I only want to stay home in my pj's this week!

2 comments:

  1. i think we drove about as many ;) Crazy, Beautiful, Summer Fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to find this spot to read about your lovely family! I think it is in the DNA of military families to GO! I always laugh at the dates the auto shop puts on the oil change sticker. I don't think we've ever made it to their projected date! Thanks for including me on your blogroll. When I figure out how to make that happen on WordPress I'll add you!! :) Blessings Midge!

    ReplyDelete