BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Night Out!

Sometimes, we just have to leave the "brats" at home and get out for a date night. Last night, Bill and I went to Wolf Trap to see The Four Tops and The Temptations. It was such a fun evening! We took a wonderful picnic, complete with bottle of wine, and had dinner in the picnic area just outside of Wolf Trap. It has been so hot here all summer, but last night the weather was perfect. I won these tickets at a Silent Auction for Elizabeth's chorus back in February, so I have been looking forward to this night for a long time. Bill and I saw these 2 groups on one of our first dates, some 21 years ago, so we felt like we were reliving some fun memories.

We sat in the box seats instead of on the lawn, and to be honest, I think the lawn might have been a little more fun. We had a great view of the groups, but it was a little "stuffy" up there, if you know what I mean. However, there were a few songs, that we just couldn't help ourselves, we had to jump up and dance a little. Sugar-Pie-Honey-Bunch, Just My Imagination, My Girl... they don't make songs like that anymore. Bill left today to go TDY (that's travel for those who don't speak "Army"), so those sweet memories of last night will have to last me for a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment