BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Back in the Groove

I love summer. I really do - I love the pool, the late night playing outside, the relaxed schedule, and mostly the family time. However, even I get to the point where I need some structure and a schedule, and I admit I was glad to see school begin again this year.

Everyone seems to be doing well. Michelle loves her preschool and seeing Joanne again for speech therapy. Joanne was pleased that even though we did not do formal speech therapy over the summer, Michelle still seems to have made progress. There was a point just a few weeks before school started, when Michelle was talking so much during a car ride, I thought, "I can't believe we ever worried about this child talking." She is a girl! She has a LOT to say!

Josh has a very nice teacher. I think 4th grade is going to be a good year. He is starting cello soon, and he is excited about that. Bill Jr. is taking a tough course load. He has 3 AP classes - gearing up for college. He is teaching 7 guitar students, and involved in a couple of after school clubs. Busy kids!

Elizabeth seems to be thriving at college. I miss her so much, but I am happy to hear the joy in her voice each time we talk. I "met" a couple of her friends on skype the other night. They were outside in front of her dorm. I love skype - makes her seem just a little closer. Michelle on the other hand is a little unsure about skype - I think it confuses her.

I have a couple of pictures of Michelle the first week of school - they aren't very good, but I will share what we have. Blogging, pictures, etc. have all taken a back seat to other activities.

Michelle at meet-the-teacher day. Her placemat had the most stars. She is my "bling" girl.



First day of school. Clifford always greets the kids outside the door.



Michelle and Joanne. We LOVE Joanne. I believe she is a gift from God to our family!
I started back teaching this week as well. I have 14 piano students and 5 voice students. So far, so good. Every year I worry if teaching will be too hard for my kids, but I continue to be amazed how easily this works for my family. I love teaching, and it's nice to have a little extra income for our family. I feel incredibly blessed to be able to make money doing something I love to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment