BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Friday, September 24, 2010

A Couple of Creampuffs

Last week Josh checked out a kids cookbook from the school library. He and his good friend, Daniel, spent a lot of time at school pouring over the yummy recipes. Daniel came home with Josh after school and they decided to make cream puffs. The conversation on the ride home from school was priceless. We carpool with a couple of other neighborhood kids, and one of the other boys asked why they were going home together to cook. Josh replied, " I really like to cook." Daniel replied, "I really like to eat!" Aren't boys wonderful?!
I will admit, it was a little difficult to step back and let the boys do it themselves. The mom in me wants to jump in and "do it right". But, except for an occasional stir or a demonstration of how to do something, I only supervised and took pictures.

I was afraid cream puffs would not be a good choice because I didn't think they would turn out well. Surprisingly, they turned out light and fluffy, just like the pictures. They tasted good too.


Here is a picture of Daniel demonstrating his superior eating abilities. Believe me, these boys are anything but cream puffs. They are all boy!



1 comment:

  1. YUMM!!!!!!!!

    it's the perfect combination when one loves to cook & one loves to eat ;)

    ReplyDelete