BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Monday, December 20, 2010

Olay!

Last week Michelle's preschool did a Christmas program. They acted out the nativity scene, and asked each child to dress like a part of the story. Of course, Michelle wanted to be an angel. The halo started out on top of her head, but I think by this point in the day it was a little lopsided. Mommy is not Martha Stewart, or even Suzy Crafty! But, I did manage to scrape together some gold pipe cleaners. (thanks to my neighbor & friend Julie!) Put together with a head band and Mommy's white blouse, and it worked for a 4 year old angel costume.
For a couple of weeks, Michelle has been bugging me to sing the "Olay" song. I knew they sang it at preschool, and I knew it was the song that the angels sang, but I could not figure out what the Olay song might be, and Michelle refused to sing it for me. She has Spanish class once a week, so I thought perhaps it was something she had learned in Spanish.
Finally, this week we were reading a new Christmas book. In the back they had some printed Christmas carols, so I sang them with her. She got very excited when I started singing "Away in a Manger" and started singing along, "Olay in a manger..." Now, we finally know what the Olay song is - silly me for not figuring that one out! (Ha!)

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that?! When people ask me why I blog, that story is the exact reason...those precious moments in life that we would probably otherwise never remember.

    Olay!!


    Teresa =)

    ReplyDelete