BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Thursday, November 17, 2011

Update from the World's Worst Blogger - or in other words, "Fall"!


These pictures should probably be divided into several different blog posts, but at the rate I am going, I think we better just get them out there and be glad to have anything blogged at this point! I thought I would have all this time this year - Michelle is in school all day, I had images in my head of an immaculate house, time to catch up on scrapbooks (which are now 3 years overdue), lunches with friends and time to read books.
I have no idea why I thought all this would happen! I am busier than ever! I am teaching music at Michelle's old preschool 2 days a week, I have almost as many private students as last year, and I took on several homeschool kids during the day. Bill and I sat down one day recently and figured out how many hours I put in each week, and it was significantly more than a part time job. I'm not quite "working" 40 hours a week, but if you put in my other job - being a mom, then I am way into the overtime department.
So, forgive me if I haven't blogged much lately.
Hope you feel a little caught up after this.


I did get the chance to chaperone Michelle's Kindergarten field trip to the farm a few weeks ago. We had fun on the hayride, visiting the farm animals, and riding a couple of slides. Michelle's BFF is Caitlin - she is a cutie-pa-tootie! She sends Michelle little notes in her backpack. They play together all the time. I love Kindergarten!


I did get the chance to attend the Army Acquisition Ball with my good looking husband. I think I might have already blogged about this, but I really liked this picture so I included it again! I have been to many of these type of formal events over the years, and to be honest, they aren't usually that much fun. Normally, they are kind of stressful, and I hardly get to talk to my husband. I would rather put on a pair of jeans and go out to PF Changs with Bill and have a meaningful conversation over some honey crispy chicken. (This is sooooo not real Chinese food, but we love it anyway! Sorry... I digress....) But, I actually enjoy the Acquisition ball. I think it's because "we" have been in the Army for a long time, and this area is kind of different from living on a military post. We don't see our Army friends on a daily basis, and it's fun to catch up with friends we only see once a year.


Recently we went to see Lizzy sing at school. This is the first time she has performed that we have been able to attend, the first time she has had any solo/just her/ time on stage. It was really neat to see how she is blossoming and developing as a singer! Wow! She is really a young woman now, and it's fun to see. She did a beautiful job with her opera scenes.


We had some fun exploring Pittsburgh - it really is a fun city! We all went to the Science Museum.


This week Michelle's class put on a Thanksgiving play and "feast" with her class. They sang some cute songs, reenacted the Pilgrims coming to America and being welcomed by the Native Americans, and had some turkey and pumpkin pie.

2 comments:

  1. love, love, love Michelle's new hair cut!!! Yah for Lizzy! I want to hear her too!! I know you are proud! Also glad you got to go out with your man! and see some old friends - that's always fun too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure ARE busy! I know the feeling of blogging-guilt very well. It's great to hear about Michelle's great little friend! That is always one of my biggest concerns...that the kids have good friends and can share moments together. You sure have a lot to be thankful for! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete