BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Saturday, July 14, 2012

So far, so good!

We made it though week one of "Operation No-Daddy".  Sorry for the cheesy title - that's what the Army does all the time.
I put both of the younger kids in camp this week, because this is not my first rodeo.  I knew they needed to be busy, I needed them to be out of my hair for a few hours each day, and it ended up being a great decision.

Michelle went to Nature Camp with her BFF.  She liked Nature Camp, except not so much the nature part.  She likes the water activities, the playground time and hikes, but not the bees and moths in the bathroom.  I think we need to take this girl camping a little more often.  I can't have a kid who is afraid of bugs!

She also had a couple of playdates with the above pictured BFF.  Good move - between camp, friend time, and the pool, she was too tired most nights to squeak out much more than, "I miss Daddy." as her head hit the pillow.

Josh did baseball camp this week.  On Monday morning he asked me how long he would be at camp.  I told him 6 hours each day.  His response, "So, 6 hours a day for 5 days... that's just awesome!"   He loves baseball in a way that's hard to explain. 

The older 2 were busy with jobs, friends, college summer life. 

I am hanging in there.  Miss my man, but glad this first week is behind us. 

Who seems to be having the hardest time with Dad gone?  That would be our crazy dog.  He is pacing around each night, looking for Bill.  He sleeps by the door, and if he hears the slightest sound outside he jumps up, looking for his Dad.  He barks at the least little sound.  It's sweet, and very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment