BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Glad Monday only comes once a week!

Monday's are my busiest day. In Fairfax County, Monday's are a half day of school so the teachers can use that time for planning their week. So, Monday is a big piano day for me. I usually teach nonstop from 1:30 - 6:00 p.m. Nine students back to back - by the end of the day I am usually working with a minimal number of brain cells.

Monday morning after I drop the kids at school, I spend most of the morning trying to pick up from the weekend, throw in a couple of loads of laundry, figure out what I can put in the crockpot for dinner, and then rush to get everyone home from school and settled before the revolving door of piano students begins.

My little vice, sanity saver, whatever you want to call it, is McDonald's sweet tea. I normally hit the McD's drive through after I pick up Michelle, on my way to get Josh, and get the girl a happy meal and myself a Large sweet tea to get me through the day. I sip on it happily as I listen to my students play and it just makes the time a little more pleasant.

(NOTE - I know McDonald's is awful! My teens have sent me video's about the horrors of happy meals. Please don't judge me because I hit the drive through - I am doing the best I can here!)

Yesterday as I was teaching, Michelle was really fighting for my attention. The deal is, she stays in the other room with Josh, coloring or watching t.v. or whatever, and I give Josh a little spending money for babysitting for me. But yesterday "The Princess" was in rare form! She kept coming in, interrupting my lessons, and demanding my attention. I had to get on my "mean-mom/yes-I-mean-business" attitude and tell them both they better stay out of there until I was through teaching!

So, as soon as one of my lessons was over, I was standing in the door with my sweet tea in hand, talking to one of my parents about her son's progress. Michelle came running up to me, trying to get my attention. I ignored her and continued with my conversation. After a few minutes she came back again, did something to my cup, and ran away. It wasn't until she returned with a roll of paper towels that I realized what she had done - taken a pencil and poked a hole in the bottom of my cup. What a stinker!

Did I mention I am beginning a Bible study in February at our church on parenting? Sounds like I will have plenty of real life examples!

No comments:

Post a Comment