BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Monday, January 17, 2011

Who Knew?

I am sure that most of you knew that the Martin Luther King Holiday was also known as the "Take Your Kids Ice Skating" Holiday. But this was news to me! After driving around for half an hour looking for a parking place and lacing up those skates, we took to the ice. It was just me and the younger 2 kids and our friends the Kimbles, and I was excited to share this fun past time with them. I loved skating when I was younger, and when they build an ice skating rink in my hometown my sophomore year in high school, we used to frequent it quite often. I never could do a triple lutz or anything, but I was pretty elegant on the ice.

Today, that was not the case. I realized very quickly I am MUCH older than I used to be during my skating days, and very quickly I began to feel muscles I did not remember having. But no worries, because I did not stay on the ice long. We did not fall or anything, but Michelle is not a skater. She began yelling the minute we got on the ice. I couldn't tell if she was scared or hurt or mad, but the kid was letting out some serious discontent with the whole situation. We finally took a break halfway around, and got big brother to help a little with some hand holding, but once we reached the entry point on the other side to the ring, she was done!

Josh loved it! He had a wonderful time, and I don't think I will have to rock him to sleep tonight.
Believe it or not, Michelle is sound asleep in this picture. She slept for an hour and a half on my lap while Josh and our friends skated.

1 comment:

  1. yeah- i'd need an empty rink for me and my brood! amazing the positions and places kids can sleep in!

    ReplyDelete