BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Monday, January 3, 2011

My hope endures

I will admit, this time of year is not my favorite. I am not a winter person - I like warm weather, being outside. I tend to just want to hybernate in the winter. And once Christmas is over, I can't find too many winter things to get excited about!

And, I am having a hard time getting motivated getting back into the routine of school and all it brings. I am sad to have to take Lizzy back to school tomorrow - it's been so sweet to have her home, and I miss her already! My parents came to visit for a few days over Christmas, and it makes me realize how much I miss my extended family. And Bill is leaving this weekend for a short trip - it's only a couple of weeks, but I think my already "blue" attitude is making it hard for me to think about him leaving.

So, yesterday I sang with our church's praise team. And we ended with "Amazing Grace" - that hymn is so much a part of my faith, sometimes it's almost like slipping on a warm sweater. Comforting, but in a cozy, familiar kind of way. But as I was singing it, one if the verses really became new to me - "The Lord has promised good to me, His Word my Hope secures; He will my shield and portion be, as long as life endures." I was so overwhelmed as I sang those words that the God who made the world and holds it together, still cares for me. He has promised good things for me, even in the blue, cold, lonely days of January. Jesus is my Hope, and God has promised to be my protection and my portion (enough to satisfy my soul) if I will just dwell in Him and His Word.

Yesterday I sang those words with my lips. Today they are still ringing in my heart. I pray they will continue to resonate deep within my soul as I go through January.

No comments:

Post a Comment