BRAT - (noun)

Brat- (noun)

1.A child, especially a spoiled or ill-mannered one.

2.A child of a career military person.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Annie

This past weekend my kids school presented "Annie". For the past 4 years Lizzy has been involved with the musical. Lake Braddock always does a fantastic, very professional job, and we enjoyed Annie very much.
This year, it was fun to see Bill Jr. get involved. He played lead guitar in the pit orchestra, and I have to say, this was the best pit I have seen at LB! How's that for a proud Ma-Ma?!


In all seriousness, they really were fantastic. It never ceases to amaze me that all these kids, cast/crew/pit, are still in high school. They are as good if not better than any community theater I've ever seen. I guess that's one of the advantages of going to a high school that has 4,000+ students!

Bill did a great job, and I am proud of him. I'm so glad he had this fun experience.


On a different note, it was interesting to watch "Annie" from a post-adoption perspective. This musical was very popular when I was a young girl, and I remember watching the movie with Carol Burnette as Miss Hannigan. As an adult with a child brought out of an orphanage, I have to admit parts of it were kind of hard to watch. I know it's only a musical, but it made me sad to hear them sing about having a "Hard Knock Life", with empty bellies and hands sore from cleaning all day. People think orphanages are a thing of the past, but I have seen firsthand that they are still around in other parts of the world.


Once you know, you always know. It changes everything, even how you enjoy your kids' highschool musical.



No comments:

Post a Comment